directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About code checking ...
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 00:00:42 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2008, at 3:41 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> it would be a cool idea if we can define a maven profile to run some
>> code checking. I know that Maven already has some plugins like :
>> - clover
>> - checkstyle
> this is often a big pain in my experience :-)
Pain in the way we will suffer to see how bad is our code ? ;)

>> - docck
> I could be very wrong but I thought this was to check that maven
> plugins are completely documented
Hmmm... Maybe. I just went to the maven site and saw this plugin,
thought it was something which check the javadoco.
>> - PMD (?)
>> - project-info-reports
>
> - findbugs
Yeah, definitively.

> I'll probably be mucking around with the build to fix the legal stuff
> but I don't know if I'll have time or energy enough to do this too.
I understand... I have quickly read your mail about Notice, and still
have to give you some feedback, but I first have to clearly understand
the topic :( Maybe I will just be lazzy and let you do the house cleaning ;)

> thanks
> david jencks

Thanks a lot David !

cordialement, regards,