directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: External References of an Apache Directory project
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:03:50 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
>> Felix Knecht wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> As I haven't found anything matching I started a new entry to keep
>>> the external references of AD projects we have and which may need
>>> updates from time to time.
>>> Hope it's the right place.
>>>
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/010
>> I think it would be slightly better to add a new entry in the left
>> menu, under 'Resources', something like 'Usefull links'
>>
> I'm not sure if it is really the same. It's not a resource IMO but a
> reminder for developers where an Apache Directory project is link from
> and where a potential need exists to update links/summaries. Under
> resources I'd expect to get additional information about a project
> what is not really the case. OTH it's more obvious for developers that
> a need for update may exists and - of course - you may find other
> helpfull applications following the given links (as not only  Apache
> Directory projects may be listet on the linked sites).
>
> So it depends on the intention of the 'Resources' section, which I'm
> not up to date.
Sorry, I think I missed the initial idea (and I also don't really get
what you have in mind - language impedance mismatch, ;). Here are some
proposals to clarify the different cases (I hope I don't forget any of
them, and this list reflect my vision, feel free to share yours !)

 - Do we want to refer the other ASF projects we use ? --> Resources
 - Do we want to link to external projects/tools we use ? --> Community
-> Thanks
 - Do we want to mention the other ASF projects using ADS ? --> Testimonies
 - Do we want to list places linking to our project ? --> Testimonies

btw, I thing Testimonies is not really a perfect name. Would be better
to be renamed to 'Testimonies & References".

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com