directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Planning for a 1.5.3 release
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:28:10 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> Hi Alex!
>
> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> I think it's time for pumping out a 1.5.3 release before AC/EU.  I
>> would like to get a release ready to be voted on by at least the
>> 24th.  We can prep something and have people kicking the tires by the
>> 17th.
>
> Perhaps I have missed something, but was there a 1.5.2?
Eh eh... Back in the future !

Yep, Stefan, you are right, we still have to deliver a 1.5.2.
> And will it be derived from trunk or bigbang?
Bigbang will be injected directly into trunk, and will become the base
for our release. This will be done in the next two weeks.

> I like the idea of having an official fresh build of ApacheDS in the
> downloads.
As soon as Pierre-Arnaud will be done with the installers, we will
produce some pre-release.

Some more about this 1.5.2 :
- The bigbang is not totally completed, we still have a lot to do, but
we can't wait forever. We have to release something, as the new version
will include some bug fixes and some long expected improvements.
- we also have to work hand in hand with the studio team, as we have
some problems with the current ADS configuration GUI.

More news about the process in the next few days !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org