directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why I think Spring + xbean is wrong ...
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 19:32:37 GMT

> hmmm.... I'm getting the feeling EMF and jaxb have similar goals....

Yeah I think it's a pretty even match up.  This article is great for comparison:

http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=BindingXMLJava

> jaxb only generates POJOs, not interface/impl split.  This may make one
> or the other easier to deal with, I don't know which yet.

The reason EMF does this is to make it easy to follow the "Separate the Interface From Implementation"
design pattern.  EMF uses this pattern in the .edit and .editor plugins that it generates
also.  It may be worth while to take into consideration whether this pattern means anything
in the context of server development.  If it becomes desirable to generate the .edit and .editor
plugins for Studio, then it becomes meaningful by default.

Cheers,
- Ole