directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why I think Spring + xbean is wrong ...
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 08:17:09 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> <snip/>
> For now I'm pooped and will accept what we have.
So do I. I don't want to 'do it again'... No time for that.
> It works well and the configuration is a lot better than it was with
> just pure Spring.  We can work with it until we find a better way.
Sure. I just wanted to point the fact that we have some problem with the
current usage of Spring + xbeans, and that we need to seriously think
twice the next time we choose to change our configuration system.
> In the end, even if we put configuration into the DIT something is
> going to have to do what Spring does: instantiate the objects and wire
> them up.
What about  :

DirectoryServer ds = new DirectoryServer(); ?

Instanciating object though constructors is pretty efficient in Java ;)
> Question is how do we do that in a simple and easy to manage way
> that's as straight forward as possible while allowing us to use our
> favorite container technology?
Do we need a container technology ? The 0.8 version was working without
this IoC crap. IoC is, IMHO, hyper over hyped... But this is another
debate !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com