directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Community] JPOX: LDAP and JDO, JPA
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 08:41:06 GMT
Hi Erik!

Erik Bengtson wrote:
> We, JPOX a data access project, are working on an interface for LDAP via JDO
> and JPA APIs.
>
> Usage e.g. SELECT FROM Person where firstName == 'Ana'
>
> Person.class is linked to "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" while attributes
> mapped to fields.
>
> We currently support 1-1 and 1-N relationships and will soon have a first
> release.

Sounds interesting. Does this mean that you provide a JPA provider which
can be used to call an LDAP server via the javax.persistence API
(EntityMananer etc.)? With transparent persistence?

> We currently use Apache Directory for running our tests. If you see any
> opportunity for collaboration between our projects please let us know.

Not really a big thing, but is it ok to cite your usage on our testimony
page?

http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/testimonies.html

The page is nearly a stub currently, because we simply do not collect
such usages consistently.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---