directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why I think Spring + xbean is wrong ...
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:31:54 GMT
Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hey Emmanuel,
hey OLE,

I'm not going to comment everything you wrote, just because I don't have
more than a 100 Kfeet vision of what EMF is and can do.

You think that EMF is the ultimate solution, but I don't have time to
read the thousands of pages I have found about EMF on the web.

Here is what I suggest : can you just provide some working sample using
EMF ?

What we need is :
 - a file will contain ADS configuration (server.xml)
 - we should be able to read it easily on Studio (without writing a hand
crafted XML parser)
 - we should be able to produce this same file on Studio
 - we should be able to read this file in ADS, validating it and tells
explicitely where we have errors
 - we should then be able to use the generated objects in a simple way
(for instance, int port = config.getServerPort(); or Interceptor
schemaInterceptor = config.getInterceptor( "schema" ); )

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com