directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Duplicate version numbers?
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 06:25:19 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I built some bigbang branches today and it looked to me as if the
> bigbang branches are building artifacts with the same versions as
> trunk.  Maybe I misinterpreted what is happening but if this is the
> case it seems to me that it's providing a lot of potential for confusion.
I think this is intended, as bigbang will become trunk very soon.

We already merged bigbang and trunk one month ago, and intend to do so
in the next few weeks.

Remember that bigbang is by no mean an experimental branch, but a branch
where we do developpement instead of trunk, leaving trunk in a stable

If you have some fix to apply, or some changes to do, please commit in
bigbang until we merge it back to trunk.

Thanks !

PS: I know this sound strange, as truk is supposed to be the place were
we are suppose to do the modifications, but this is a temporary situation.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message