directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why I think Spring + xbean is wrong ...
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 19:39:09 GMT
On the subject of containers, Alex and I had a conversation quite some time
ago about Spring, OSGi, <insert shiny new container here> and I think
everyone agrees that Apache Directory is a toolkit / API / framework upon
which you can you could build a runtime for use with any container, or
deployment style be it a full fledged runtime like OSGi or yet another API
layer like Spring (or both).  One of my favorite things about Spring is the
non-invasive nature of its use if you simply use it for IOC.  The IOC part
is simply a convenience and if you want to wire together the parts yourself
through code (or JAXB -> POJO, or the EMF thingy), that should work too.  I
hope this is all still the case.  :-)

Chris