Thanks Jörg!

Can you try your best to involve Damjan as much as possible.  He's seems interested so this looks like an excellent opportunity to try to rekindle activity and gel a community around this code base. I'm sorry for asking this extra bit from you but I think it will pay off for all of us if we have a dependable community at the end of the day.

I don't know what the best way is for you to involve Damjan though :).  Any ideas?

Perhaps when you have some time you can update him on the changes and/or document those changes on our WIKI.  It would be great to see you guys rubbing elbows to get this feature operational and robust.  A page on DHCP in the ApacheDS 1.5 space under the developers guide area might be best for such knowledge sharing.  Here's a link to it:

    http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/ApacheDS+v1.5+Developer%27s+Guide

Meanwhile we should double check if you have edit privileges.  I'm not a confluence administrator so Ersin can you take a look since you have the karma?

Again sorry to appear to be "herding" so to speak.  I wish I can do more on this front to help on ground zero but my hands are tied.  The best I can do is give advice, moral support and try to clear the path for you guys to get up and running with this.

Thanks guys,
Alex

On Feb 18, 2008 11:58 AM, Jörg Henne <j.henne@levigo.de> wrote:
Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> Yes I think you can contribute the DHCP changes without incubating but
> without the LDAP ORM tools.  If we can decouple the two contributions
> then there is no problem at all contributing the DHCP code.
Decoupling them is not a problem at the moment. The ORM would/will
simplify the implementation of a DHCP backend, but we're not there yet
anyway.
> Feel free to just go to work on DHCP code then to apply those
> changes.  Perhaps you and Damjan can work together on the DHCP side.
> Hopefully we can grow a nice community around this code base.
Ok, sounds great. I hope I'll try to get this done tonight.

Joerg Henne