Yes I think you can contribute the DHCP changes without incubating but without the LDAP ORM tools.  If we can decouple the two contributions then there is no problem at all contributing the DHCP code.

Feel free to just go to work on DHCP code then to apply those changes.  Perhaps you and Damjan can work together on the DHCP side.  Hopefully we can grow a nice community around this code base.

Alex