Thanks Kiran for posting our off line conversations here.

Alex

On Feb 11, 2008 3:17 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagarikiran@gmail.com> wrote:
hi Guys,

   During a discussion with Alex it was understood that implementing a
linked
   splay tree for duplicate key cursor may not result in any
performance gain.

   When we perform lookups on the splay tree (kept in memory after
fetching the
   serialized version )  its structure changes due to splaying.

   This changed structure will be discarded without writing back to the
disk to
   eliminate the write cost. This way it will not help us in any form
to get the amortized
   time benefits.

   So we are thinking of using some kind of btree for the actual
implementation.

 Thoughts?

- Kiran Ayyagari