On Feb 10, 2008 10:16 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
I fixed the project/pom.xml in trunk to make it point to trunk instead
of bigbang.

Now, I have another problem: when running

mvn -Prelease -DdryRun=true release:prepare

the process seems to stall while signing :

   [INFO] [antlr:generate {execution: default}]
   [INFO] grammar: /home/elecharny/apacheds/shared-0.9.8/convert/src/main/antlr/schema.g
   [INFO] The grammar is already generated
   [INFO] [javadoc:jar {execution: attach-javadocs}]
   [INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java classpath-capable package
   [INFO] [gpg:sign {execution: default}]

<here, nothing happens at all. No disk activity, no CPU activity ...>

Any clue ?

Check that you've configured your gpg settings correctly for the release profile in the settings.xml for maven.  Sometimes I remember Maven prompting for input (password) and you could not see the cursor.  There was a dirty little workaround where the settings.xml had the gpg secret key passphrase set in it but this was necessary if I remember correctly.  It's been a long time for me.

I'll try to make some time this week after my machine failure to push this release through.

Alex