Jan,

This is excellent glad you could find the time to start working on this.  I created a component in JIRA here called SLP:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER

I made you the lead although right now you only have the ability to create issues and add attachments for your patches.

Looking forward to your working with us.

Regards,
Alex