We might have gotten lost in all the details since this is complex stuff but my point is simply not to start passing registries everywhere. I recommend to use the second form which stuffs the registries into the Serializer fed into JDBM instead of adding a new argument.  Incidentally you can pass in Serializers into JdbmTable constructors so this works out very nicely.

The registries are an implementation detail that we might want to keep hidden at this level.

Alex