Hi all,

Here is a status on the last issues we have, and some proposals to solve them.

• Studio Maven Repository
The Studio Maven Repository is currently located at http://people.apache.org/~felixk/studio-eclipse-m2/.
This is not really an ideal situation and we have to find it a better solution.
If all the Eclipse dependencies we need were on the standard Maven repositories, Emmanuel and I think we could get rid of our project specific repository by deploying our studio related jars (studio-launcher, studio-dsml-parser, etc.) on those standard Maven repositories. This way all our dependencies would be on Maven repositories.

As we can't do that at the moment, I propose we switch back to a local maven repository located inside SVN.
This is exactly like we're doing with Ant/Ivy at the moment.
It takes some extra time when doing a checkout, but it does not create overload on the people.apache.org server each time we build Studio.
I remember, we had that in place some time ago in the Maven build. I also remember there were minor issues, but I can't remember exactly what they were (something like a $local-repository folder created I think). Can someone help me recover my memories ?
Do you think this is a suitable solution and, Felix, it is possible to come back to this solution ?

• Parent Pom
We currently depend on the 9-SNAPSHOT version of the Directory project pom.
This situation forces us to checkout and build Apache DS first, before building Apache Directory Studio.
It takes a lot of time... :(
I would suggest we use the 8 version of the Directory project pom, the last published version available.
WDYT ?

• Apache DS and Shared dependencies

The last problem we face is our dependencies to jars of the Apache DS project.
The Shared dependencies are no longer a problem as we'll have a new version released especially for Studio very soon (tomorrow maybe...).
The Apache DS dependencies have been checked by Emmanuel and he told me that we can use the 1.5.1 version (available on Maven repositories).
So, there should be no more dependencies issues.

With the 2 last problems resolved, we won't need anymore to checkout and build Apache DS prior to building Apache Directory Studio and we'll have, I think, a working and release ready Maven build.
A build system which could be subject to a vote for switching to it...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud