Alex,

Alex Karasulu wrote:
On Feb 12, 2008 4:06 AM, Ersin Er <ersin.er@gmail.com> wrote:
On Feb 12, 2008 11:04 AM, Jörg Henne <j.henne@levigo.de> wrote:
> ok, btw, what I wanted to mention: there seems to be a very promising
> (albeit beta) implementation of B-Link trees at
> http://code.google.com/p/simpledbm/ with excellent documentation.
>
> Unfortunately, it has the wrong license...

We can just ask for a license change ;-)

Yes yes can someone explore this option?  Ersin, Jörg do you think you can approach them?
good news: I did approach him and he is open to releasing his project under a license what would allow us to use it. In fact, he is working on making SimpleDBM an optional storage backend for Derby, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3351 and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3405.

He even recommended we use Derby itself, but the discussion in the issues above indicates that this would not be a easy route to go: the tight coupling of Derby's storage layer would probable prevent us from using it as a backend engine just like it makes it hard for him to use SimpleDBM as a Derby backend.

So, in conclusion, I think that SimpleDBM is an option we should definitely keep an eye on.

Joerg Henne