directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shared] Unable to release shared 0.9.8
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 02:21:30 GMT
On Feb 10, 2008 10:16 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> I fixed the project/pom.xml in trunk to make it point to trunk instead
> of bigbang.
>
> Now, I have another problem: when running
>
> mvn -Prelease -DdryRun=true release:prepare
>
> the process seems to stall while signing :

>    [INFO] [antlr:generate {execution: default}]
>    [INFO] grammar: /home/elecharny/apacheds/shared-0.9.8
> /convert/src/main/antlr/schema.g
>    [INFO] The grammar is already generated
>    [INFO] [javadoc:jar {execution: attach-javadocs}]
>    [INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java
> classpath-capable package
>    [INFO] [gpg:sign {execution: default}]
>
> <here, nothing happens at all. No disk activity, no CPU activity ...>
>
> Any clue ?

Check that you've configured your gpg settings correctly for the release
profile in the settings.xml for maven.  Sometimes I remember Maven prompting
for input (password) and you could not see the cursor.  There was a dirty
little workaround where the settings.xml had the gpg secret key passphrase
set in it but this was necessary if I remember correctly.  It's been a long
time for me.

I'll try to make some time this week after my machine failure to push this
release through.

Alex