directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [shared] Unable to release shared 0.9.8
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:48:04 GMT
Hi,

I give up...
I've tried everything but I could not release shared.

I managed to get the "release:prepare" goal working (I had to prevent using
the "-Prelease" option).
But, unfortunately, I could not managed to get the last step working, the
"release:perform" goal.
Here's the output:
MacBook-Pro:shared pajbam$ mvn release:perform
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Apache Directory Shared
[INFO]   Apache Directory ASN.1 Shared
[INFO]   Apache Directory Protocol Ldap Shared Constants
[INFO]   Apache Directory Protocol Ldap Shared
[INFO]   Apache Directory JNDI Shared
[INFO]   Apache Directory MINA ASN.1 Codec Shared
[INFO]   Apache Directory Protocol Ldap Converters
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'release'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Directory Shared
[INFO]    task-segment: [release:perform] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] [release:perform]
[INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
[INFO] Executing: svn --non-interactive checkout
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/releases/0.9.8 checkout
[INFO] Working directory: /Users/pajbam/release/shared/target
[INFO] Executing goals 'deploy'...
[INFO] Executing: mvn deploy --no-plugin-updates -DperformRelease=true
    [INFO] Scanning for projects...
    [INFO] Reactor build order:
    [INFO]   Apache Directory Shared
    [INFO]   Apache Directory ASN.1 Shared
    [INFO]   Apache Directory Protocol Ldap Shared Constants
    [INFO]   Apache Directory Protocol Ldap Shared
    [INFO]   Apache Directory JNDI Shared
    [INFO]   Apache Directory MINA ASN.1 Codec Shared
    [INFO]   Apache Directory Protocol Ldap Converters
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Apache Directory Shared
    [INFO]    task-segment: [deploy]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => '
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
    [INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
    [INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
    [INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
    [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
    [INFO] [site:attach-descriptor]
    [INFO] Preparing source:jar
    [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
    [INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
    [INFO] [source:jar {execution: attach-sources}]
    [INFO] Preparing javadoc:jar
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Apache Directory Shared
    [INFO]
    [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
    [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
    [INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Apache Directory ASN.1 Shared
    [INFO]
    [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
    [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
    [INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Apache Directory Protocol Ldap Shared Constants
    [INFO]
    [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
    [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
    [INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Apache Directory Protocol Ldap Shared
    [INFO]
    [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
    [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
    Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/shared/shared-asn1/0.9.8/shared-asn1-0.9.8.jar
    Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/shared/shared-ldap-constants/0.9.8/shared-ldap-constants-0.9.8.jar
    [INFO]
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

    Missing:
    ----------
    1) org.apache.directory.shared:shared-asn1:jar:0.9.8

      Then, install it using the command:
          mvn install:install-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.directory.shared-DartifactId=shared-asn1
-Dversion=
0.9.8 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
          mvn deploy:deploy-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.directory.shared-DartifactId=shared-asn1
-Dversion=
0.9.8 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

      Path to dependency:
          1) org.apache.directory.shared:shared-ldap:jar:0.9.8
          2) org.apache.directory.shared:shared-asn1:jar:0.9.8

    2) org.apache.directory.shared:shared-ldap-constants:jar:0.9.8

      Then, install it using the command:
          mvn install:install-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.directory.shared-DartifactId=shared-ldap-constants
-Dversion=
0.9.8 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
          mvn deploy:deploy-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.directory.shared-DartifactId=shared-ldap-constants
-Dversion=
0.9.8 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

      Path to dependency:
          1) org.apache.directory.shared:shared-ldap:jar:0.9.8
          2) org.apache.directory.shared:shared-ldap-constants:jar:0.9.8

    ----------
    2 required artifacts are missing.

    for artifact:
      org.apache.directory.shared:shared-ldap:jar:0.9.8

    from the specified remote repositories:
      apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
)

    [INFO]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
    [INFO] Finished at: Tue Feb 12 12:43:34 CET 2008
    [INFO] Final Memory: 14M/26M
    [INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Maven execution failed, exit code: '1'

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 9 minutes 11 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Feb 12 12:43:34 CET 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/9M
[INFO]

Alex, as you are the last person who has been successful in releasing
shared, could you please release this 0.9.8 version ?
Thanks.

Tell me if you need me to rollback the commits done by the 'release:prepare'
goal.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud