directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Mavenization status - Remaning issues
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 08:11:59 GMT
Hi Felix,

On Feb 5, 2008 8:03 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> Of course we can also use any other available server for this if somebody
> raises the finger saying "I do have enough
> space, bandwith, availability and want to host the needed dependencies on
> my server".

Yes, I could host at pajbam.com. I have more than 500 MB space left on my
account.
But I'm not sure it's, once again, the best solution.
I would rather prefer hosting the main repository in an apache server (and
not on a private one), while other servers like mine could be used as mirror
of course.

> It can be a way to go. Change the repository url in the root pom ad check
> in the dependencies.

Ok, cool.
I will check in the dependencies then and update the pom.xml.

> When I started with the maven build for the studio I said to myself "Just
> take the latest existing dependencies and see
> if I can get it work." From my POV there are no objections taking the '8'
> pom if it fits the needs.

Cool. (I corrected your sentence... ;) )

Go for it. You'll have my nonbinding +1 for sure (what else after the work
> ;-) ). But I really need to let it up to you
> to say if it's stable and usable enough - you have the experience of
> working/developing studio.

Thanks...
I'll finish everything and I think I'll launch the vote.
It's stable and usable enough.
>From some points of view it's even better than the current build system.
For instance, in one command line you can generate all the versions of
Studio (mvn clean install -Plinux-i386,win32,macosx) and it takes less time
than before.
Really, it's going to help us a lot.
Again, thanks a lot for your help, we would not have been able to move to
Maven without your help.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud