directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Mavenization status - Remaning issues
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:12:16 GMT
Hi all,

Here is a status on the last issues we have, and some proposals to solve
them.

*• Studio Maven Repository*
The Studio Maven Repository is currently located at
http://people.apache.org/~felixk/studio-eclipse-m2/.
This is not really an ideal situation and we have to find it a better
solution.
If all the Eclipse dependencies we need were on the standard Maven
repositories, Emmanuel and I think we could get rid of our project specific
repository by deploying our studio related jars (studio-launcher,
studio-dsml-parser, etc.) on those standard Maven repositories. This way all
our dependencies would be on Maven repositories.

As we can't do that at the moment, I propose we switch back to a local maven
repository located inside SVN.
This is exactly like we're doing with Ant/Ivy at the moment.
It takes some extra time when doing a checkout, but it does not create
overload on the people.apache.org server each time we build Studio.
I remember, we had that in place some time ago in the Maven build. I also
remember there were minor issues, but I can't remember exactly what they
were (something like a $local-repository folder created I think). Can
someone help me recover my memories ?
Do you think this is a suitable solution and, Felix, it is possible to come
back to this solution ?

*• Parent Pom*
We currently depend on the 9-SNAPSHOT version of the Directory project pom.
This situation forces us to checkout and build Apache DS first, before
building Apache Directory Studio.
It takes a lot of time... :(
I would suggest we use the 8 version of the Directory project pom, the last
published version available.
WDYT ?*

• Apache DS and Shared dependencies*
The last problem we face is our dependencies to jars of the Apache DS
project.
The Shared dependencies are no longer a problem as we'll have a new version
released especially for Studio very soon (tomorrow maybe...).
The Apache DS dependencies have been checked by Emmanuel and he told me that
we can use the 1.5.1 version (available on Maven repositories).
So, there should be no more dependencies issues.

With the 2 last problems resolved, we won't need anymore to checkout and
build Apache DS prior to building Apache Directory Studio and we'll have, I
think, a working and release ready Maven build.
A build system which could be subject to a vote for switching to it...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud