directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Mavenization status - Remaning issues
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:33:51 GMT
The build works now on Mac OS X.
I have replaced the faulty dependency:unpack goal on Mac OS X by a
dependency:copy goal and some ant tasks for extracting and deleting the
tar.gz files.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On Feb 5, 2008 11:56 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created two Jiras about our problems:
>
>    - *MECLIPSE-386 <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-386> - *Modified
>    MANIFEST.MF file for eclipse jars packaged from folders with
>    eclipse:to-maven
>    - *MDEP-142 <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP-142> - *Path with
>    space makes the dependency:unpack goal fail
>
> We'll see if they get fixed soon... I hope so...
>
> I'll replace the dependency:unpack goal with Ant tasks for the Mac OS X
> part of the build.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
>
> On Feb 4, 2008 12:59 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> > > Hi Emmanuel,
> > >
> > > On Feb 1, 2008 7:01 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com
> > > <mailto:elecharny@gmail.com>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     One more bug, on Mac OSX...
> > >
> > >     The (undocumented, as usual ...) maven-depdendency-plugin fails
> > while
> > >     trying to unpack the mac app. The reason is that the file name
> > >     contains
> > >     spaces. Sadly, Maven plugin are built on top of plexus, which is
> > >     not an
> > >     Apache piece of code (it's at codehaus), so the only thing we can
> > >     do is
> > >     to open a JIRA on Maven, which I did. We are not the only ones
> > >     being hit
> > >     by this bug (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP-137)
> > >
> > >
> > >  I also saw the JIRA which seems related to our problem. I suggest we
> > > also open another one for our specific "space" problem.
> > Yeah, that's sound a good idea.
> > >
> > >     May be invoking a ant task which will rename the file to Apache
> > >     Directory Studio.app after the unpack has been done can do the
> > trick
> > >     (yes, I know, it's ugly, but this is the only workthefuckaround I
> > >     can see).
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes, good idea. A cleaner idea could also be to rewrite the unpack
> > > goal of the plugin in fault using ant tasks (which should be easy and
> > > work like a charm)...
> > Sadly, the current unpack goal depends heavily on plexus. Plexus is not
> > exactly my favorite body part, as if you hit it, you get knock down
> > immediately, like Maven does, so I buy the idea to rewrite this POS.
> > (Piece Of Software for those who think I had something different in mind
> > when I wrote POS). Should not take days, I think. Maybe an afternoon,
> > certainly not a morning (but my mornings are short : I wake up at 10).
> >
> > <snip/>
> > >
> > > In our case, the idea of using a single build system in the whole
> > > directory project makes that our choice goes to Maven. It will clearly
> > > be a great benefit for our project when all its subprojects will have
> > > the same build system.
> > > Even if it's painful to set up...
> > It was a <rant>, and irrelevant when it comes to make a decision ;)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Pierre-Arnaud
> >
> >
> > --
> > --
> > cordialement, regards,
> > Emmanuel L├ęcharny
> > www.iktek.com
> > directory.apache.org
> >
> >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message