directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Mavenization status - Remaning issues
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:18:50 GMT
Hi Felix,

On Feb 1, 2008 11:08 AM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd prefer to use the original jars and patch them using 'our'
> maven-plugin. We can also add a deletion for the signing stuff there.
> This haqs from my POV the benefit that you don't need to remember what
> you've done whenever you update to a never version of the jars (and
> documentation (writing and reading) is a developers favourit task ;-)

Believe me, I would rather use original jars and patch them on the fly too.

The problem is, we really need the 1.1 RC to go out as soon as possible. The
last update of Studio is 6 months old now... :(

The solution with the modified packages is not really a problem as it one of
the Eclipse's proposals to solve our problem.

My 2 cents,
Pierre-Arnaud