directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Henne <j.he...@levigo.de>
Subject Re: DHCP protocol
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:21:55 GMT
Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> Thanks Jörg!
>
> Can you try your best to involve Damjan as much as possible.  He's
> seems interested so this looks like an excellent opportunity to try to
> rekindle activity and gel a community around this code base. I'm sorry
> for asking this extra bit from you but I think it will pay off for all
> of us if we have a dependable community at the end of the day.
no problem. For a start, I just committed my changes to the DHCP code
into the bigbang branch. This can at least serve as a basis for a
discussion of the design for the DHCP service. I'll try to cook
something up for the Wiki tomorrow.

What is not yet included is the code dealing with the interface address
guessing. This code is currently tied to the PXE code and I still need
to isolate it properly.

> I don't know what the best way is for you to involve Damjan though
> :).  Any ideas?
1. have some code base upon which to start a discussion (check!)
2. provide some ideas and documentation in the Wiki (to be done)
3. discuss away (I'll try to be available on irc if our respective time
zones permit)
> Perhaps when you have some time you can update him on the changes
> and/or document those changes on our WIKI.
Yes, absolutely.
> Again sorry to appear to be "herding" so to speak.  I wish I can do
> more on this front to help on ground zero but my hands are tied.  The
> best I can do is give advice, moral support and try to clear the path
> for you guys to get up and running with this.
That's fine with me. I'm looking forward to working with Damjan on this.
Full DHCP would be very, very nice to have.

Joerg Henne