directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Henne <j.he...@levigo.de>
Subject Re: DHCP protocol
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:19:08 GMT
<head>
</head>
Alex, Damjan,<br>
Alex Karasulu schrieb:
 cite="mid:a32f6b020802171223l57d91a33x733ec2936bc2a39c@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">Hi Damjan,<br>
 style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1ex;"><br>
Anyway I'm interested in improving the DHCP protocol </blockquote>
Looking forward to your working on it.&nbsp; I will help where I can with
integration into the server.&nbsp; Really the tough part is the wire
protocol - the rest we can handle very easily.&nbsp; <br>
the wire format is, IMHO not/no longer the main problem. We could have
a working DHCP implementation with a very reasonable amount of work in
the configuration and state-management area. Protocol-wise there is one
unresolved issue for which there is no universal and nice solution.<br>
Damjan: for a summary of the problem see here:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://issues.openthinclient.org/otc/browse/SUITE-39">https://issues.openthinclient.org/otc/browse/SUITE-39</a><br>
Alex, what can we do about the DHCP contribution? I don't think that it
would make a lot of sense for Damjan to re-implement the stuff
openthinclient.org already has. For DHCP, we are not talking about a
lot of code - a lot less than even the LDAP mapping. Can't we just
contribute this without incubation?<br>
Joerg Henne<br>