directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ServerEntry] First performance tests take 4
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:37:32 GMT
Some few "minor" improvement permitted some gain : up to 3170 req/s.
(remember we ware at 1650 req/s yesturday, with a target at 4800 req/s).
This is twice faster with a few fixes.

We are closing the gap with the 1.5.1 version, and we still have a lot
of work to do to suppress some duplication of work done.

Some insights :
- MINA counts for 5% of all the time.
- ASN.1 decoding represents 7%, but mainly due to DN parsing (70% out of
it).
- ASN.1 encoding counts for 3%
- DN parsing represents 15% of the total time. This is because we parse
far too many times the DNs. As soon as we will store serialized versions
of DNs into the backend, we will be able to divide by at least 2 this time.
- The SearchRequest handling costs 87% of the time, of which you should
deduce the DN parsing (10%)

Much more intersting :
- CollectiveAttribute filtering represents around 30% of all the time.
Pretty costly for a feature almost nobody use !

Those informations just tell that we have many places we can dig to
improve the server :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com