directory-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Trobridge <chris.trobri...@aepnetworks.com>
Subject Re: [Feedback needed] ADS pros and cons ?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:00:33 GMT

> 1) What are you using ADS for ? Is it in production, used to do some
> tests during developpement, or simply as a toy ?
I looked into using ADS as a possible alternative to the current LDAP
server (iPlanet) that we use in our product management.
> 2) What are the Pros and Cons you clearly see ?
I found it very easy to get up and running.
The immediate showstopper for us is the lack of support for the
"userCertificate;binary" which our deployed products include in there
queires.
> 3) What would be the major features or improvement you are expecting to
> see in the near future ?
Support for "userCertificate;binary" was mentioned as a possibility for 2.0.
> 4) Are you a commercial entity, an non-for profit organization, an
> Apache project, a student or an individual just interested in the techno
> ? (no name needed)
Commercial.