directory-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Clegg <da...@sybase.com>
Subject Search filter not working - &(objectclass=groupOfUniqueNames)(uniquemember=...)
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 23:59:41 GMT
I'm using apacheds-1.0.2.
I've googled quite a bit and found several email threads that might be
related, but don't seem to find a resolution.

The apacheds-rolling.log spits out

    [15:49:50] WARN
    [org.apache.directory.server.core.normalization.NormalizationService]
    - undefined filter based on undefined attributeType '&(objectclass'
    not evaluted at all.  Returning empty enumeration.

This query is trying to find out all the static groups a user is in - we
map group membership to roles for a Role Based Access Control security
policy.
This query works with all the other LDAP servers I am familiar with.

Known problem? Fixed? What version of apacheds?

I am looking at including an ApacheDS under a future Sybase product to
serve as a security store with users/roles pre-configured for demo
purposes. I would expect customers to switch over to their corporate
security stores before going to production, but ApacheDS seems like a
nice starting point for development/demo purposes.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dave Clegg
Technical Director
Sybase Inc.