directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shared] Unable to release shared 0.9.8
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:15:22 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> On Feb 12, 2008 4:56 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     My thoughts :-) Does a wiki page already exists for this (I haven't
>     found it up to now)?
>

> I followed the instructions of these pages when I was trying to release:
>
>     * http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxDEV/guide-to-directory-releases.html
>     * http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxDEV/releasing-shared.html

Thanks.

For me it looks like the main problem is/was the missing distributionManagement entry in a
pom.xml with the id
'people.apache.org'

<distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>people.apache.org</id>
      <name>staging release repository</name>
      <!-- available via http: http://people.apache.org/builds/directory/studio -->
      <url>scpexe://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/builds/directory</url>
    </repository>
  </distributionManagement>

The url may be different as I don't know if it gets deployed immediately to the sync directory
or if we want to have a
staging directory before (less dangerous in case of manipulation errors).

Again I suggest to add the distr... entry to the project/parent/pom.xml to have it there for
future releases.

Regards
Felix