directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [shared] Unable to release shared 0.9.8
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:23:35 GMT
Felix Knecht schrieb:
> Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
>> I've checkout the release and run "mvn clean install" on it.
>
> Well, it's me again ;-)
>
> Probably because in the <distributionManagement> section of the root
> pom nothing valid is set it tries to get an alternative distribution
> url
> (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-mojo.html).
>
> See also http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/usage.html
>
> I have put once something there (no commented) when I deployed the
> created documents on my server at home. You'll need to change and
> adapt this for your (Apache Directories) need. Maybe Alex can help you
> with the correct location and configuration?

According to http://cocoon.apache.org/1199_1_1.html it should be
something like

  <distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>directory-studio-staging-repo</id>
      <name>staging release repository</name>
      <!-- available via http:
http://people.apache.org/builds/directory/studio -->

<url>scpexe://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/builds/directory/studio</url>
    </repository>
  </distributionManagement

But people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/builds/directory/studio
doesn't exists yet.

After having deployed you can copy it:

cp -R /x1/www/people.apache.org/builds/directory/studio/ /x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/

You can also find documentation (only for ant builds hélas) @
http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html

Directory PMC should be able to give/or already have permission on
people.apache.org for deploying (at least I think so). If not, you
probably need to ask in the infrastructure list or deploy it locally and
then put it over by hand.

Felix