directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject splay tree for duplicate key cursor implementation
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:17:24 GMT
hi Guys,

    During a discussion with Alex it was understood that implementing a
linked
    splay tree for duplicate key cursor may not result in any
performance gain.

    When we perform lookups on the splay tree (kept in memory after
fetching the
    serialized version )  its structure changes due to splaying.

    This changed structure will be discarded without writing back to the
disk to
    eliminate the write cost. This way it will not help us in any form
to get the amortized
    time benefits.

    So we are thinking of using some kind of btree for the actual
implementation.

  Thoughts?

- Kiran Ayyagari