directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [maven] pb building daemon from a fresh check out
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:29:36 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>> Hi,
>> if you checkout the full apacheds from bigbang, and tries to build
>> the project using mvn eclipse:eclipse, it does not work. (you also
>> have to doom your maven repo)
>> Daemon subproject needs to be mvn clean installed before, for some
>> reason I ignore.
>> Any idea ?
> I think it's pretty frequent that you need to build a project before
> running an IDE import goal like idea:idea or eclipse:eclipse.  One
> reason this is sort of plausible is that often there is generated
> source and it is often hard to  get an IDE to recognize a generated
> source directory that doesnt exist yet.
I thought that Maven was following a so called 'cycle of life' when
running. It makes sense to build and install first before doing
eclipse:eclipse. In ant, you just add dependencies to target in order to
guarantee this.

This is very surprising that we have to do it manually.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message