directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Mavenization status - Remaning issues
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:59:30 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Feb 1, 2008 7:01 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com
> <mailto:elecharny@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     One more bug, on Mac OSX...
>
>     The (undocumented, as usual ...) maven-depdendency-plugin fails while
>     trying to unpack the mac app. The reason is that the file name
>     contains
>     spaces. Sadly, Maven plugin are built on top of plexus, which is
>     not an
>     Apache piece of code (it's at codehaus), so the only thing we can
>     do is
>     to open a JIRA on Maven, which I did. We are not the only ones
>     being hit
>     by this bug (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP-137)
>

>  I also saw the JIRA which seems related to our problem. I suggest we
> also open another one for our specific "space" problem.
Yeah, that's sound a good idea.

>     May be invoking a ant task which will rename the file to Apache
>     Directory Studio.app after the unpack has been done can do the trick
>     (yes, I know, it's ugly, but this is the only workthefuckaround I
>     can see).
>

> Yes, good idea. A cleaner idea could also be to rewrite the unpack
> goal of the plugin in fault using ant tasks (which should be easy and
> work like a charm)...
Sadly, the current unpack goal depends heavily on plexus. Plexus is not
exactly my favorite body part, as if you hit it, you get knock down
immediately, like Maven does, so I buy the idea to rewrite this POS.
(Piece Of Software for those who think I had something different in mind
when I wrote POS). Should not take days, I think. Maybe an afternoon,
certainly not a morning (but my mornings are short : I wake up at 10).

<snip/>

> In our case, the idea of using a single build system in the whole
> directory project makes that our choice goes to Maven. It will clearly
> be a great benefit for our project when all its subprojects will have
> the same build system.
> Even if it's painful to set up...
It was a <rant>, and irrelevant when it comes to make a decision ;)

> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny