directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject [Shared LDAP][Studio] toString() method of ACI items returns invalid string
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2008 17:20:14 GMT
Hi,

In Studio we use the ACI parser and items in the ACI item editor. We use
it the following way:

- When reading e.g. the prescriptiveACI attribute from the server we use
the ACIItemParser.parse(String) method
- Depending on the object tree we show the items in the visual editor
- We use the ACIItem.toString() method to show the string representation
of the ACI in the source editor
- We use the ACIItem.toString() method to get the string representation
of the ACI to save it back to the server

Now, from the shared-ldap version used in Studio 1.0.1 (0.9.7-SNAPSHOT)
to the current trunk/bigbang version the toString() method was changed.
For example the toString() method of the UserClass.Name class creates
-->  name: [cn=abc]
but it should be
-->  name { "cn=abc" }

I valunteer for fixing this, because we need a working version for the
upcoming shared-ldap release that is used in Studio 1.1.

Regards,
Stefan