directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of a new version of Shared LDAP for the Studio 1.1 release (was "Re: [Studio] Should we release a new version of Shared LDAP ?")
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 23:07:49 GMT
Hi,

I already gave my +1 but now I have a thing we have to consider:

I am working on DIRSTUDIO-161 (Unable to enter Base DN ending in 'dc=').
As we now use the shared-ldap DN parser we have the following problem:

- The version we are currently use (shared-ldap-0.9.8-SNAPSHOT) throws
an AIOOBE when creating an Rdn instance with an empty RDN value.
- Also the current trunk version throws an AIOOBE.
- In the bigbang branch this problem is fixed.

So my question is: should release the new veresion of shared-ldap from
trunk or from the bigbang branch? I think in the bigbang branch there
are many changes (Entry, Attribute, Value) and it isn't finished yet.

WDYT?

Regards,
Stefan