directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Mavenization status - Remaning issues
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:08:39 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Felix, Could you please upload those new plugins in the M2 Repo ? Thanks
>
> http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/modified_plugins/
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Epamarcelot/modified_plugins/>
>
> These are the modified version of the plugins. I modified the
> plugin.xml file, removed the signed stuff and updated the plugin name
> (added '(updated for Apache Directory Studio') and version (added
> '-studio' at the end). This way we won't mess up with jars coming from
> another repository, like yesterday... :)

I'd prefer to use the original jars and patch them using 'our'
maven-plugin. We can also add a deletion for the signing stuff there.
This haqs from my POV the benefit that you don't need to remember what
you've done whenever you update to a never version of the jars (and
documentation (writing and reading) is a developers favourit task ;-)

Felix