directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Mavenization status - Remaning issues
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:55:10 GMT
Just some thoughts when talking about releasing this and that:

With the change from ant/ivy to maven we don't have the dependencies
needed anymore store in the source repository itself. A released
component should not contain any *-SNAPSHOT dependencies. So with the
shared module we're on a good way but what about all others which are
needed?

During development we use SNAPSHOT dependencies of other directory
modules. Are the deployed somewhere on a regular base? I don't think
it's good practice to have a user checkout and build all depending
directory modules before he's able to build studio from trunk.

Regards
Felix

PS:
I think this is also not the case for i.e. the apacheds module