directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [maven] pb building daemon from a fresh check out
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 00:39:07 GMT

On Feb 10, 2008, at 9:11 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if you checkout the full apacheds from bigbang, and tries to build
> the project using mvn eclipse:eclipse, it does not work. (you also
> have to doom your maven repo)
>
> Daemon subproject needs to be mvn clean installed before, for some
> reason I ignore.
>
> Any idea ?

I think it's pretty frequent that you need to build a project before
running an IDE import goal like idea:idea or eclipse:eclipse.  One
reason this is sort of plausible is that often there is generated
source and it is often hard to  get an IDE to recognize a generated
source directory that doesnt exist yet.

thanks
david jencks