Hi,

A friend just pointed me to this first article which lead me to the next one below it.

http://weblog.raganwald.com/2008/01/no-disrespect.html

Both are very interesting to read and I loved them. This second one is so true when it comes to all the fads that come up to just reinvent the wheel - a CS degree decreases this since according to the author it's is all about history.

http://enfranchisedmind.com/blog/2008/01/21/what-good-is-a-cs-degree/

Oh yeah, that the Dragon Book talked about in the article above:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principles_of_Compiler_Design

Was written by my professor, Alfred Aho. I think I had him for Data Structures and Algorithms, Software Engineering, but unfortunately not Compiler Theory :-). He used to tell the class that "everything is a String. Just a String. Even your genetics is just a String."

How right he is.

Alex