+1 (not on vote but) I think it's important for you guys to figure out what works best for you and your users as Emmanuel put so very well.  After all these are the folks the release model is going to be designed for.  However thank God for the update site :).

Alex

On Jan 21, 2008 10:05 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
On Jan 21, 2008 3:46 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't know much about 'Who uses Apache Directory Studio'.
> OOH it doesn't makes a good impression to the user when a bugfix release
> follows immediately after a release,
> OTH do we get some better feedback from the User community when
> releasing an RC first or do users only use released versions?

You're totally right. That's a great summup of the situation.

We have never released any RC so far. We had 3 ▀eta versions before
the 1.0but no RC.

I should have CCd this thread to our users' list too. Let's fix that and ask
our users what they prefer too.

Here's a reminder of the vote:

Emmanuel LÚcharny was wondering if it would not be a good idea to release RC
> (Release Candidate) for the upcoming release(s).

[ ] +1 We should release RC versions first, prior to releasing a major
update.
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 We should not release RC versions first, but the final version (and,
eventually, release a service update very quickly if some important bugs are
discovered)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud