Eeeeek good reason not to :).

Then I guess there are only two options remaining:

  (1) Switch to using Strings in the parser instead of JNDI API elements and keep sharing - the server will just convert the products of the parse into usable entities
  (2) Fork and customize the parser to use ServerAttribute and ServerValue objects.

I think #1 is the better option for now but I'd think about this a bit and let the idea soak in.

Ersin, you probably know best of all of us: how difficult do you think it would be to implement either of these options?

Alex

On Jan 20, 2008 1:01 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
Hi,

Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> I sympathize with you.  This ACDF engine is a mess besides having this
> problem.  Before we can evaluate our options I think we have to ask
> ourselves if this code is being used by the Studio folks.

In Studio we are using the ACI parser and objects (package
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.aci) for the ACI editor. So please
don't move it to the core, if possible.

Greetings,
Stefan