Hi Emmanuel,

On Jan 18, 2008 9:23 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I wanted to emphasis the fact that I have modified the StoredProcedure
to use only ServerEntry. This has an impact on the existing SP
(BackupUtilitiesSP) :

public static void backupDeleted( LdapContext ctx, LdapDN deletedEntryName,
                                     LdapDN operationPrincipal,
ServerEntry deletedEntry )

instead of :

public static void backupDeleted( LdapContext ctx, LdapDN deletedEntryName,
                                     LdapDN operationPrincipal,
Attributes deletedEntry )

If someone has defined some SP using Attributes, he will get some awfull
exception.

I'm not sure that it's the best solution ever, and that we could not
find a better way to go (like implementing some kind of automatic
conversion from ServerEntry to Attributes), but at least, it works !

I would not worry about it because SP's came out in 1.5.x and this is not a branch that we say is going to be stable (meaning the API will change).

This mail is to let you think about the consequences of my modification.
I'm waiting for further ideas on the subject, as I don't have the best
insight on this piece of code.

This is just fine thanks for letting everyone know.

Alex