I'm a ho - I go back and forth on eclipse and idea when one is faster than the other and on the basis of what I am doing.  When refactoring for example idea rocks.  Sometimes when there is a plugin I am interested in then I use the IDE that supports the plugin.

Alex

On Jan 14, 2008 6:51 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Randy Motluck wrote:
> Thanks for the reponse.  I have IDEA 6 ( and Eclipse ).  I used
> Eclipse for years before working my current job where they use IDEA.
> I think the past year working has remapped the short cuts in my brain
> ......  I may try IDEA 7.
It's really damn cool to be able to load a pom.xml, and suddenly,
everything is up and ready for debug :) (of course, you need 4 Gb and a
4-core 4Ghz cpu ;)

> I was a Websphere person for quite a while previously.
Me too... I started in 2001 with V2.0... This is why we like Eclipse :
so VisualAge !

> Thanks again,
> Randy

You're welcome !