Right now I am working out of a private branch in my sandbox.  Here's the SVN URL:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/akarasulu/bigbang

Don't be surprised if this does not compile.  I've been heavily changing things here and it's left open on the dissection table.

Which code base where you looking at to get up to speed with the project?

If you want a quick primer to get you up to speed I have some time today.  Perhaps we can meet up via Skype. Unfortunately I cannot type too much these days because I'm having surgery tomorrow on my wrist for because of typing too much.

My skype handle is akarasulu. I figure in 20 minutes we I can impart most of the design principals behind partitions and a search engine that apply to btree based backing stores.  It should be exactly the same for an in memory implementation.

Alex