On Jan 3, 2008 12:16 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:
I neither don't now. I can test at home if it could work. But I'm not
sure if it's a good idea to misuse svn for this.

That's also the reason why I was wondering if we were able to do this... That's not really the purpose of the svn server.

Thinking about resources and performance I can imagine it's better to
put it somewhere in http://p.a.o/~.../maven2.
I can put it to http://p.a.o/~/felix/studio-eclipse-m2 e.g.

Yes, that's a better idea. We could test with this location and move the repo to another location under http://directory.apache.org/studio/... once we switch the build system.

It makes definitely more sense to use my sandbox than creating you own
branch. It's open to everyone working on the mavenization of studio and
the easiest way to share code when working on the same problems :-)

Cool. :)

I was wondering how you (prepared and) installed the eclipse dependencies in the m2 repo.
I have a few new dependencies to add to it.
I added the Studio launchers zip archives to the repo using the 'mvn instal:install-file' command but it does not generate the associated *.sha1 files.
Here's what I have done to install one of the packages :
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=launcher-linux-1.1.0.zip -DgroupId=org.apache.directory.studio -DartifactId=launcher-linux -Dversion=1.1.0 -Dpackaging=zip

Should I use another command ?

Thanks
Pierre-Arnaud