directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Todd Nine" <todd.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Integration with Google SSO
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:30:20 GMT
Hi all,
  My friend and I are starting a small business, and I would like to set up
Apache Directory Server as a great alternative to Active Directory.  My
experience is mostly with AD, and I have a bit of experience with Open
Ldap.  We have already set up Google Hosted services, and I'd like to create
a plug in to DS to use Google's SAML web service.  Is it possible to create
a custom plugin, similar to the one here

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Implementing+an+alternative+Backend.

The behavior I would want is the following.

1. Try to authenticate locally
2. If the user doesn't exist, or the password fails, try to log in with the
SAML service
3. If the SAML service authenticates, synchronize the user name and
password.

We're only going to have one root DN.  Is it possible to do this, or is
there no way to chain the authentication schemes together?

Thanks,
Todd