directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ServerEntry] ProtectedItems compatibility...
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:09:26 GMT
Eeeeek good reason not to :).

Then I guess there are only two options remaining:

  (1) Switch to using Strings in the parser instead of JNDI API elements and
keep sharing - the server will just convert the products of the parse into
usable entities
  (2) Fork and customize the parser to use ServerAttribute and ServerValue
objects.

I think #1 is the better option for now but I'd think about this a bit and
let the idea soak in.

Ersin, you probably know best of all of us: how difficult do you think it
would be to implement either of these options?

Alex