directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Partition design and interfaces
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:57:24 GMT
Thanks Chris for your commentary.  I'm starting to feel more and more
confident that option 3 is the way to go.  Both you and Ersin seemed to say
that although somewhat advantageous using a runtime exception for the base
class is not as necessary in our case.  I think you're right in that the
user of this API is predominately the server since this is the
server->partition interface.

I will go ahead and change things to use option 3 now with checked
exceptions.

Thanks,
Alex