directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] In Memory Partition (was: Re: [Feedback needed] ADS pros and cons ?)
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:30:32 GMT
Right now I am working out of a private branch in my sandbox.  Here's the
SVN URL:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/akarasulu/bigbang

Don't be surprised if this does not compile.  I've been heavily changing
things here and it's left open on the dissection table.

Which code base where you looking at to get up to speed with the project?

If you want a quick primer to get you up to speed I have some time today.
Perhaps we can meet up via Skype. Unfortunately I cannot type too much these
days because I'm having surgery tomorrow on my wrist for because of typing
too much.

My skype handle is akarasulu. I figure in 20 minutes we I can impart most of
the design principals behind partitions and a search engine that apply to
btree based backing stores.  It should be exactly the same for an in memory
implementation.

Alex