directory-dev mailing list archives

From Simon.Tem...@saaconsultants.com
Subject ADS 1.5.2 - log4j ERRORs when first starting replicas
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:13:21 GMT
When using mitosis replication for ADS there is a period of time during start-up when one replica
cannot connect to another - because separate machines rarely start at the same rate.

During this time, ClientConnectionManager logs ERRORs as MINA gets 'Connection refused' socket
errors.

I'd like to propose that the replication service only logs WARN messages for this condition.

We currently deploy ADS with a monitoring system that detects log4j ERRORs and raises operator
alerts - therefore we get a flood of alerts when we first start our systems when configured
for replication  :-(

wdyt?  Can/should I create a JIRA entry?

Regards

Simon Temple

2008-01-30 14:58:03,091 ERROR [org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.ClientConnectionManager](ClientConnectionManager-repl-sg@10.1.10.50:20846)
[Replica-repl-ot] Failed to connect to replica-repl-sg
org.apache.mina.common.RuntimeIOException: Failed to get the session.
 at org.apache.mina.common.support.DefaultConnectFuture.getSession(DefaultConnectFuture.java:56)
 at org.apache.directory.mitosis.service.ClientConnectionManager$Connector.run(ClientConnectionManager.java:375)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
 at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:527)
 at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketConnector.processSessions(SocketConnector.java:275)
 at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketConnector.access$800(SocketConnector.java:53)
 at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketConnector$Worker.run(SocketConnector.java:362)
 at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)